Sunday 15 June 2008

Slow burn job!

My first post in January 2007 was about doing a favour to a friend which was to help to erect/assemble and MFI built-in wardrobe in return for her helping me re-decorate my living room. The wardrobe was finally finished today only 18 months after it was started! Admittedly the unit has been in use in the meantime but the components needed to complete it had been sitting in my friend's dining room and occupying rather a lot of space. Not surprising given that the pieces were 2 metres long and there about 10 of them.

Today's task was to fit coving profiles and fill-in panels between the wardrobe and the ceiling and wall, plus fit plinth trims. This entailed lots of careful cutting to make good mitred joints and profiling round an awkwardly shaped ceiling and uneven side wall.

As to why completion of the job has taken such long elapsed time, I have to say that it was not that I was slow but that my friend has had other priorities and only recently got round to ask me to help again.

No comments: